KC Swifties, uh, I mean Chiefs

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Hovannes wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 17:23 Wait 'til next year.
The 49er' are young, but they learn quick!
I know that, as a guy drafted where he was, Purdy's salary is low. Less than a million a year. I thought maybe SF could renegotiate his contract during the off season to keep him happy where he's at so he won't look at other teams when his 4-year rookie contract expires. But, by rule, neither he nor the team can renegotiate it, so they have some money to pay a few other guys for the next two years. They're pretty stacked where they're at so I don't really know what positions they could upgrade though.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

FredS wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 14:05

The very title of this thread is disrespecting Chiefs fans and swifties. I know it's just guys jabbing one another and I forgot that for a minute. Sorry.
The actual intent was disrespecting the MS and Social media circus, although looking back at the OP, I didn't do a very good job expressing that. Although it was posted in the Fellowship Hall rather than the Youth Room. But anyway ...

Peace.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

FredS wrote: 13 Feb 2024, 06:05
Hovannes wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 17:23 Wait 'til next year.
The 49er' are young, but they learn quick!
I know that, as a guy drafted where he was, Purdy's salary is low. Less than a million a year. I thought maybe SF could renegotiate his contract during the off season to keep him happy where he's at so he won't look at other teams when his 4-year rookie contract expires. But, by rule, neither he nor the team can renegotiate it, so they have some money to pay a few other guys for the next two years. They're pretty stacked where they're at so I don't really know what positions they could upgrade though.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!

I spoke too soon. They have some pretty big name players who's pay will hit their salary cap hard next year.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

FredS wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 13:28 I won't lie. I like her.
I have three daughters, four granddaughters. If they look to pop stars as role models (and they do, no matter how much I try to redirect their gaze) I can think of no one better. It's easy for a few old guys to make fun of her fame, or gripe about her campy pop songs and tell her fans to get off our lawn. But really, if you could build the ultimate female star/role model, what would she look like? Do you enjoy famous female rappers? Country singers? Soccer players? WNBA stars? Hollywood actress'? MSNBC anchors? Swift and the Swifties seem pretty harmless to this 62 year old geezer.
It took me a while to realize that Taylor Swift was not the villain of this season.

Taylor was actually pretty classy about the whole thing. She didn't do any interviews or seek any extra attention for herself. She went to the games and cheered on her boyfriend through the whole winning season, just like all of the other wives and girlfriends of star players. It wasn't her desire that the media cameras make her the biggest side-story of the season. For her part, she avoided all the media and let the players own the stage.

Meanwhile as pop idols go, TS is actually kinda wholesome. She isn't covered with tattoos. She isn't a bag of filthy lyrics, bolt-on bumpers, and twerking booties. She's mostly just normal, and that is a large part of her appeal.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

I agree with all the above comments about Taylor, our kids and grandkids are Swifties. The only thing that I would tell her, after seeing her boyfriends disrespect for his head coach, is to take heed. Take heed.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.