KC Swifties, uh, I mean Chiefs

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Jocose wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 10:51 Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce have revealed themselves as whiny, self-entitled, overexposed babies who have won the super bowl three times.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

sweetandsour wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 19:53 Wow. A missed extra point cost SF the game.
SF used up all of their luck squeezing passed the Packers and the Bills.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

sweetandsour wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 19:53 Wow. A missed extra point cost SF the game.
C'mon man.

That extra point kick wasn't missed. It was BLOCKED.

Give credit where it's due. KC special teams scored 4 field goals (one of them a 57 yarder which is a new SB record), recovered a fumbled punt that led directly to a touchdown, and blocked an extra point that allowed their special teams to come out at the end of regulation and tie it with a field goal. Unless you're willing to say the 49'ers are a crap team who somehow lucked their way to the SB, those FIVE plays can't be written off as just bad luck for them. They were good plays by the Chiefs and they all contributed to their win. Nah, the 49'ers are a legit team who were at the top all season - they didn't get beat by a single unlucky play.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

FredS wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 08:14
C'mon man.

That kick wasn't missed, it was BLOCKED.

Give credit where it's due. KC special teams scored 4 field goals (one of them a 57 yarder which is a new SB record), recovered a fumbled punt that led directly to a touchdown, and blocked an extra point that allowed their special teams to come out at the end of regulation and tie it with a field goal. Unless you're willing to say the 49'ers are a crap team who somehow stumbled their way to the SB, those FIVE plays can't be written off as just bad luck for them, they were good plays by the Chiefs and they all contributed to their win. Nah, the 49'ers are a ligit team who were at the top all season - they didn't get beat by a single unlucky play.
I give them credit. Missed vs blocked is just semantics. The kick trajectory was low enough for someone behind the line to get their hand on it. All else aside, at the end of regulation SF needed that 1 point to be on the scoreboard. When it went to OT I pretty much gave the game to KC; SF defense was spent. Anyway it was a good game to watch especially for someone like me without a dog in the hunt. BTW, I ended up just doing TexMex, no Irish Nachos, although they do look interesting. The hardest part of nachos these days around here is finding a halfway decent avocado.
IMG_20240211_171125105.jpg
IMG_20240211_171125105.jpg (6.14 MiB) Viewed 272 times
IMG_20240211_171135174.jpg
IMG_20240211_171135174.jpg (6.68 MiB) Viewed 272 times
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by ChildOfGod »

C'mon man.

Spoken like a true Taylor Swift fan! ;)
Wishing you God's very best!
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

ChildOfGod wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 12:53
C'mon man.

I won't lie. I like her.
I have three daughters, four granddaughters. If they look to pop stars as role models (and they do, no matter how much I try to redirect their gaze) I can think of no one better. It's easy for a few old guys to make fun of her fame, or gripe about her campy pop songs and tell her fans to get off our lawn. But really, if you could build the ultimate female star/role model, what would she look like? Do you enjoy famous female rappers? Country singers? Soccer players? WNBA stars? Hollywood actress'? MSNBC anchors? Swift and the Swifties seem pretty harmless to this 62 year old geezer.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by ChildOfGod »

FredS wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 13:28
C'mon man.

I won't lie. I like her.
Just to be sure you knew... I was just jesting; absolutely pure jest. I probably know way more about tay tay from my superfan daughter than I know about football.
Wishing you God's very best!
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

ChildOfGod wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 13:49
FredS wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 13:28
I won't lie. I like her.
Just to be sure you knew... I was just jesting; absolutely pure jest. I probably know way more about tay tay from my superfan daughter than I know about football.
Sorry bud. As Merle Haggard said "When you're running down our tay tay man, you're walkin' on the fightin' side of me."

The very title of this thread is disrespecting Chiefs fans and swifties. I know it's just guys jabbing one another and I forgot that for a minute. Sorry.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

Wait 'til next year.
The 49er' are young, but they learn quick!