Rita/Us

Where two or more are gathered in His name....
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Rita/Us

Post by sweetandsour »

Continued prayers.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Rita/Us

Post by coco »

sweetandsour wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 04:56 Continued prayers.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Rita/Us

Post by Jocose »

coco wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 05:09
sweetandsour wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 04:56 Continued prayers.
Daily bro
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Rita/Us

Post by JimVH »

Prayer and Praise Update

Ya'll don't give-up so I figure I owe you an update. She's had a really rough time, but things are looking up. This update assumes you knew some things before hand that you probably didn't. Just go with it. It would take pages to tell the whole story, but here's the big stuff and her current status:

Liver failure - Her liver is approaching normal again. She was being considered for transplant, but yesterday was taken off the list because of the improvement. 

They now predict complete recovery with no deficits. She just needs time.

Her level of consciousness has improved and she’s gotten a big part of her speech and personality back. She still has the encephalopathy, but it’s improving daily. 

Funny moment: It had been a couple of weeks since I heard her speak. I was in the habit of talking to her a lot and tried to keep her updated on family stuff whether I thought she could understand or not. It's late, we're sitting in the dark, playing an old movie with the sound off, and out of nowhere, clear as a bell, I hear "So, Daryl broke his foot, huh?" I almost slid out of my chair. It had been a couple of days since I told her the story and had no acknowledgement at all from her.

Her kidneys are still shut down and she’s getting dialysis three-four times a week. They may or may not wake-up. Nephrology is quietly optimistic. 

Last Thursday night she got moved to the LTAC (Long-Term acute Care) unit. Three to four weeks of acute care combined with a greater intensity of physical rehab. The goal is to build her up to at least three hours of rehab activity each day to qualify her for in-patient rehab. After ten weeks of being bed ridden we’re a long way from three hours capable, so that’s a prayer focus. 

Outside of the big stuff, her spirits are good, she’s alert, and we’re able to have limited, but meaningful conversations. She’s eating and drinking again and helping with her own personal care. The ornery is coming back stronger than ever, too. The nurses and techs love her and are eating out of her hand. I got back from a walk the other day and one PCA was washing her hair while another was working a moisturizer routine on Rita's face. They were giggling and comparing fingernails like a bunch of school girls. This hospital is amazing.

The other day Sweetandsour showed up with his sweet wife and ministered to me. It was some genuine Holy Spirit timing. I'd had some rough days and they showed-up with good conversation, poignant reading materials, a sack of BBQ, and prayer. It was all good medicine and sincerely appreciated.

Thank you all for the prayer support. For real, it means a lot.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Rita/Us

Post by GaryInVA »

Praise God Jim. Keeping at it daily.

Thanks so much for the update.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Rita/Us

Post by Hovannes »

praying.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Rita/Us

Post by FredS »

JimVH wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 15:01 . . . It's late, we're sitting in the dark, playing an old movie with the sound off, and out of nowhere, clear as a bell, I hear "So, Daryl broke his foot, huh?" I almost slid out of my chair. It had been a couple of days since I told her the story and had no acknowledgement at all from her. . .
Don't know why, but this hit me in the feels. I'm not crying, you're crying.

Praying daily for you guys. And, right now, giving thanks for small steps, caring caregivers, and good friends like S&S.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Rita/Us

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
Hovannes wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 07:40praying.

GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Rita/Us

Post by GaryInVA »

FredS wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 08:15
JimVH wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 15:01 . . . It's late, we're sitting in the dark, playing an old movie with the sound off, and out of nowhere, clear as a bell, I hear "So, Daryl broke his foot, huh?" I almost slid out of my chair. It had been a couple of days since I told her the story and had no acknowledgement at all from her. . .
Don't know why, but this hit me in the feels. I'm not crying, you're crying.

Praying daily for you guys. And, right now, giving thanks for small steps, caring caregivers, and good friends like S&S.
I was repeating this part of Jim's post to my wife and for some reason my voice started breaking and my throat was choking up.

Darn sinus problems...
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Rita/Us

Post by Bloodhound »

Also praying daily for you both and the hospital staff. So glad to hear about the steps of improvement and progress. I am going to deal with the leaking eye problem that just started and then back to my knees to lift you up to the Father...
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD