Elon and free speech

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Del
Usher
Usher

Elon and free speech

Post by Del »

coco wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 10:33 This will be written off as irrelevant by the Powers, and thus the majority of Americans will deem it irrelevant.
There's a reason for this.

coco wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 10:33There will be a few weirdos, including some who smoke pipes, that will deem it grounds for impeachment. They will be correct, but noone will care.
The self-righteous wokesters who serve as gatekeepers should be sacked, and replaced by such as those humble, wise pipe-smokers.

Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Elon and free speech

Post by Hovannes »

I think he means well.
Not at all sure I think the same about Twitter 1.0
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Elon and free speech

Post by SlowToke »

coco wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 10:33
Del wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 10:11
Jocose wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 22:15This is huge
YUGE!
This will be written off as irrelevant by the Powers, and thus the majority of Americans will deem it irrelevant.

There will be a few weirdos, including some who smoke pipes, that will deem it grounds for impeachment. They will be correct, but noone will care.
You're not wrong.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Elon and free speech

Post by Jocose »

The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Elon and free speech

Post by Jocose »

I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Elon and free speech

Post by SlowToke »

This just in: MSNBC reports there's no such thing as treason really. It's just a far right MAGA racist conspiracy theory. It never did exist to begin with.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Elon and free speech

Post by Jocose »

SlowToke wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 17:30 This just in: MSNBC reports there's no such thing as treason really. It's just a far right MAGA racist conspiracy theory. It never did exist to begin with.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Elon and free speech

Post by tuttle »

coco wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 10:33
This will be written off as irrelevant by the Powers, and thus the majority of Americans will deem it irrelevant.

There will be a few weirdos, including some who smoke pipes, that will deem it grounds for impeachment. They will be correct, but noone will care.
This is exactly unfortunately right.

I feel like there is a 'gotcha!' every week. The only thing that ever happens is that Republicans shake their fists in rage until the next outrage.

They could've had Joe Biden himself on camera telling Twitter to suppress speech and NOTHING would happen but grumbles.

I'll believe the Republican outrage when they actually start throwing the appropriate people in jail.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Fascism

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Regarding "Elon and Free Speech", I s'pose the lesson is: If one can't get free-market actors to platform Fascism, then find a capricious billionaire with money-to-burn so as to platform it at a loss.

Del
Usher
Usher

Fascism

Post by Del »

Wosbald wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 07:51 +JMJ+

Regarding "Elon and Free Speech", I s'pose the lesson is: If one can't get free-market actors to platform Fascism, then find a capricious billionaire with money-to-burn so as to platform it at a loss.

That fascist billionaires were Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg. Although it looks like even Jack Dorsey has had a conversion of heart over what was done at Twitter.

Twitter now has more actual human users under Musk than they did before the purchase. But leftist pressure against advertisers (and fascist throttling of the Twitter App by Google and Apple app stores) have slowed the rate of monetizing those eyeballs.

This is temporary. As Musk delivers on making Twitter more friendly for humans and less optimized for bots, advertisers are going to want access to users.