Elon and free speech

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Antisemitism

Post by Wosbald »

Del
Usher
Usher

Elon and free speech

Post by Del »

I've got no space to share with racists, bigots, and antisemites.

I've got little patience for those who paint American patriotism and love of America as some sort of evil nationalism or fascism.

American Christians should love America and work to save our country. We have families to raise here.
Del
Usher
Usher

Elon and free speech

Post by Del »

Under the old Twitter regime, one could get time-out or banned for speaking against the covid expert orthodoxy or "misgendering" someone by using English pronouns in the normal way.

Elon Musk punctured both of those taboos yesterday with a simple tweet: "My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci"

Astronaut Scott Kelly (brother to Arizona Democrat Senator Mark Kelly) fired back with the usual woke orthodoxy talking points.
Elon shot him down with some very pithy common sense.

Full story on Daily Wire:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/elon-mus ... d-dr-fauci
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Elon and free speech

Post by Jocose »

Covid files coming up
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Del
Usher
Usher

Elon and free speech

Post by Del »

Jocose wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 11:57 Covid files coming up
Karen Gene-Pair will dismiss it as "old news."
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Antisemitism

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Addressing the rise in antisemitism [Podcast]

Protesters marched silently in front of the restaurant Gasthof zur Gemutlichkeit in north Minneapolis in response to a recent World War II reenactment dinner party at the restaurant that featured Nazi flags and men dressed in SS uniforms. This is just one example of an increase of antisemitism county wide and in Minnesota. | Judy Griesedieck for MPR News

Last year, reports of violence, harassment and vandalism targeting Jewish people reached an all-time high. That’s according to the Anti-Defamation League, which has tracked hate incidents since 1979. And they say they expect to see similar numbers this year.

On Monday, the White House announced that President Joe Biden will create a task force to address antisemitism and other forms of religious bigotry.

This comes after several celebrities, politicians and other public figures have spread anti-Jewish rhetoric.

The rapper Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, praised Adolf Hitler on the podcast InfoWars earlier this year. And he was recently banned from Twitter for inciting violence after he posted an image of the swastika over the Star of David.

Former President Donald Trump also made headlines recently when he had dinner with Ye and Nick Fuentes, a white nationalist internet figure and Holocaust denier.

MPR News host Angela Davis talks with three guests about what is behind the rise in antisemitism and how we can address it.

Guests:
  • Pamela Nadell is a professor of women’s and gender history and the director of the Jewish studies program at American University in Washington D.C. She is currently working on a book about the history of antisemitism.
  • Yair Rosenberg is a writer at The Atlantic. He writes the "Deep Shtetl" newsletter and covers the intersection of politics, culture, and religion.
  • Rabbi Marcia Zimmerman has been senior rabbi at Temple Israel in Minneapolis for 20 years.

Del
Usher
Usher

Antisemitism

Post by Del »

Wosbald wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 11:33 +JMJ+

*Leftist news*
I am deeply troubled by the push in the liberal/legacy media with more of these anti-semitism dogwhistles.

As broadly as I can brush, the Left wants more attention for anti-Jewish violence and sentiment. Apparently, they believe that they can trigger more incidents and then somehow blame it on Christian conservatives.

Not reported in this article: Most incidents of anti-Jewish hate crimes and violence occur in New York City, where Orthodox Jews still live in Black neighborhoods. They were Jewish ghettos before they were Black ghettos.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Elon and free speech

Post by Biff »

Del wrote: 10 Dec 2022, 13:32 I've got no space to share with racists, bigots, and antisemites.
Or the Dutch, don't forget the Dutch!
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Elon and free speech

Post by tuttle »

Biff wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 10:34
Del wrote: 10 Dec 2022, 13:32 I've got no space to share with racists, bigots, and antisemites.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Del
Usher
Usher

Elon and free speech

Post by Del »

Biff wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 10:34
Those damned Tulip-heads are constantly pulling up conspiracies from the Nether-regions.