FTW

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

FTW

Post by JimVH »

I always thought it was For The Win, but this morning I was asked to remove it from a Facebook post because, "to people younger than old men", it means F--- The World.

I've used it several time here, so here's my blanket apology to all of you that are younger than old men. I suspect I'm safe.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

FTW

Post by jmg »

JimVH wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 10:09 I always thought it was For The Win, but this morning I was asked to remove it from a Facebook post because, "to people younger than old men", it means F--- The World.

I've used it several time here, so here's my blanket apology to all of you that are younger than old men. I suspect I'm safe.
Pft! Keep using it. I'm tired of letting easily offended people dictate speech. Carry on, good sir.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

FTW

Post by FredS »

FTR, WTF means 'Wow That's Fantastic'. Start using it in your texts to your children and grandchildren. They'll appreciate the encouragement.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

FTW

Post by SlowToke »

FredS wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 11:03 FTR, WTF means 'Wow That's Fantastic'. Start using it in your texts to your children and grandchildren. They'll appreciate the encouragement.
FTW
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

FTW

Post by sweetandsour »

SlowToke wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 20:22
FredS wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 11:03 FTR, WTF means 'Wow That's Fantastic'. Start using it in your texts to your children and grandchildren. They'll appreciate the encouragement.
FTW
+1
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.